Commercial and General Civil Litigation and Appeals
Amanda’s practice involves commercial and general civil litigation in various courthouses in New York State, as well as, federal cases in the United States District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York. Amanda’s practice is broad and she prides herself on novel issues involving complex legal research, however, she most typically handles shareholder disputes, breach of contract actions, and cases involving tort claims, such as negligence and defamation. Amanda also handles appeals and has argued before the Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department.
Civil Forfeiture, Prosecution and Defense
Amanda has handled the prosecution and defense of hundreds of civil forfeiture actions.
- Commercial and General Civil Litigation
- Civil Forfeiture, Prosecution and Defense
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Juris Doctor (cum laude) (2013)
- Hofstra University, Bachelor of Arts, major in Sociology with a minor in Political Science (magna cum laude) (2010)
- New York State (2014)
- United States District Court E.D.N.Y. (2014)
- United States District Court S.D.N.Y. (2014)
Honors & Recognition
- Law School
- Touro Law Review
- Touro Law Honors Program Scholar
- Touro Dean’s List (Spring 2012 and Spring 2013)
- CALI Awards: Family Law, American Legal Studies Practicum, New York Legal Research.
- Hofstra University Honors College Associate
- Departmental Honors in Sociology
- Provost Scholar (3 Semesters)
- Dean’s List (4 Semesters)
- Alpha Kappa Delta National Sociology Honor Society
- Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor Society
- Order of Omega National Honor Society
- Golden Key International Honor Society
- Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society
- YES Community Counseling Center, Former Board Member
- Nonprofit Executive Compensation: Demystifying Excess Benefit Transactions, Nassau Lawyer (May, 2013) (Co-author)
- When School Is Not In Session: How Student Drug Testing Can Transform Parenting, 29 Touro L. Rev. 427 (2013)
- Internet System for Tracking Over-Prescribing (I-STOP) Act, Touro Law Review (Web Exclusive, 2013).